Skip navigation
Banner: Advertise here!

Contract: Login Login / Search

Post-game quotebook: What the Giants were saying after falling to 0-2

Add topic

What were the New York Giants talking about after losing to the Dallas Cowboys 20-13 Sunday night White Rhett Ellison Jerseys , falling to 0-2 to start the season? Let’s go inside the locker room and find out.Coach Pat Shurmur on the high number of checkdowns quarterback Eli Manning threw“Obviously, you want to get the ball down the field. We took our shots like we did in the first game and they played back where we couldn’t get the ball down the field, so you check it down and then we had a couple where we had pressure. Those didn’t play out the way we wanted.”Odell Beckham Jr. on the loss“It’s just a matter of time before we get going. We hate going in the hole 0-2, but that’s our situation. That’s where we are at. We just have to fight and work to get out of there.“They just outplayed us. Plain and simple. They just came out and beat us. They’ll keep you in front of them, not let you make any big plays. It’s just finding a way to make plays underneath or whatever it is we have to we need to find it soon.”Cornerback Janoris Jenkins on the 0-2 start“That’s when the captains and leaders step up. Everybody comes up, practices harder, plays harder Rhett Ellison Jerseys 2019 , practice faster, play faster. Just play with a chip from now on. We understand we have 14 more games, and right now, every game counts. That’s how you have to look at it, and you just have to continue to play.”Safety Landon Collins on the play of the defense after the early touchdown“We did tighten up and we did the job. “0 and 2 is frustrating. But we played sound defensively and we just have to make more plays.”Left tackle Nate Solder on the offensive line“I think it takes 11 guys out there. I think that we all have to be working together. I think we need to continue to build up trust with each other. We need to continue to improve so we can do the things we need to do to be successful.“They blitzed. They ran stunts. They rushed four. They did a number of things and we didn’t pick up any of it.”Wide receiver Sterling Shepard on if the Giants were surprised by what Dallas did defensively “I can’t speak for the running game or o-line. For the wide outs, they did exactly what they thought we were going to do 鈥?Trying to keep everything in front of them and then rally to the ball. That’s pretty much what they did the whole game.“We still have confidence in this offense. We are all play makers, that’s the bottom line. We’ll figure out way to get the ball to guys and we’ll figure out a way to make plays.”Running back Saquon Barkley on his Giants record 14 receptions“It doesn’t matter at all to me. We didn’t win today. It’s doesn’t matter.“I feel like I didn’t have that many touches to be honest. I don’t know how many touches I had. It felt like football. It felt like a football game. It’s going to be tough. It’s going to be a grind. It’s the NFC East White Calvin Munson Jerseys , one of the best divisions in football. We’ve got to continue to work our butts off and come back as a team and make sure we win these games.” Let’s check your Friday headlines" New York Giants NewsGiants news, 7/19: Most underpaid Giants, video preview, moreNew,19commentsLet’s check your Friday headlinesEDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Giants news, 7/19: Most underpaid Giants, video preview Calvin Munson Jerseys 2019 , moreTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailGood morning, New York Giants fans!The Most Underpaid Veteran on Every NFC Team | The RingerFor the Giants, The Ringer says that is safety Michael Thomas, who has a two-year, $4 million contract. A few days ago I wrote about Thomas being the embodiment of the kind of player Dave Gettleman wants.Giants Camp Lookahead: The Eli Manning-Daniel Jones battle | NY PostThe real battle is between Alex Tanney and Kyle Lauletta for the No. 3 job.Bob Papa: Why this Giants team has a 'different feel’ | NY PostPapa says the Giants have “a different feel” with Dave Gettleman and Pat Shurmur entering Year 2.BBV MailbagHave questions about the Giants? E-mail them to bigblueview@gmail.com, and the best ones will be answered in an upcoming mailbag. BBV PodcastYou can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions:

Contract Quick reply